For many people, maintaining a Canon Inkjet Printer in the home or office can be expensive and frustrating. There are numerous error messages and they always come at inconvenient times. Many Canon printers today have LCD monitors to help us understand problems that arise, however, many inkjet printers do not come with such monitors. Most of us do not read the Canon Inkjet Printer manuals thoroughly and have little to no idea what the blinking error light means. Paper jams are among the most common problem with Canon Inkjet Printers. Follow these instructions to learn how to clear a paper jam on a Canon Inkjet Printer:
Protect yourself from shock. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Canon Inkjet Printer. This is an important step when working inside ANY electronic device.
Unhinge the back access panel of the printer. It seems repetitive to say this, but this door will be in the BACK of the printer.
Look through the opened back panel and look for paper. Remove any and all paper you find jammed there.
Close the back access panel. Make sure that it latches into place and looks the same way that it did before you opened it.
Find the front or top access panel. This is the panel you would lift to change ink cartridges. Open this access panel. If the carriage that holds the ink cartridges moves, then you forgot to unplug the printer, go back and do that now. Look for paper that may be jammed in this area of the printer.
Remove any paper you find jammed here. When pulling from the front there will be resistance from the paper feeder. Pull slowly or the paper will rip and create a more stressful problem.
Close the front access panel. Make sure that it falls or latches back in place. It should look the same way that it did before you opened it.
Plug the printer's power cord into the wall outlet, and attempt to print again. If the printer prints the job, then you have successfully removed the paper jam.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Canon Printer Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraudulent Business Practices ~ Senior Operations Analyst Acknowledges Poor Quality Control By Ken Garneau Caveat Emptor~let the buyer beware. In a world of technology, large corporations, telecommunications, the sales..."
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "I am Beji White a Private Loan Lender and a cooperate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. I also offer Loans to individuals, Firms and cooperate..."
- "If you're thinking to use Secpac global for your packages, well then just don't. I sent 8 packages, it was delayed for 15 days. I contact them through emails, but there..."
- "I ordered a weigh scale from pepperfry for 650 rupees. Product I received is not functioning properly as the scale starts at 1.5 kg instead of Zero. I have complaint..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."